Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Streusel Pancakes


Why just eat Pumpkin Pancakes when you can eat Pumpkin Streusel Pancakes with a Cream Cheese Glaze??
Every fall I like to make pumpkin pancakes at least one time and thought these sounded decadent and mouthwatering.
They were delicious but very sweet and rich. Just sayin!! Not something I can indulge in often but I guess one time won't hurt. I think I would cut back on the amount of streusel the next time, maybe just adding it to one side. The pancakes are good on their own without the streusel too.

Pumpkin Streusel Pancakes

Streusel:
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar packed
1 tsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp cold butter cubed
Combine together with a fork or your hands until crumbly. Set aside.
Pancakes:
1 1/4 cups flour
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 large egg separated
2  Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
In a bowl whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In another bowl whisk together milk, egg yolk, pumpkin, canola oil and vanilla. and wet ingredients into dry and whisk until combined.
Beat egg white until soft peaks form. Fold into batter.
Heat griddle to medium low. Cover with cooking spray or I like to brush mine with some melted butter. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto griddle and top with 1 or 2 tsp of streusel. Cook until bubbles start to form. Flip over and add some more streusel on top. Cook until done.
Serve with maple syrup or cream cheese glaze.
Cream Cheese Glaze:
2 oz very soft cream cheese
1 tsp very soft butter
Beat until very creamy,
Stir in 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 3/4 tsp vanilla
Add a few Tbsp milk until desired consistency.

4 comments:

  1. Wow---I would love that!!! It seems more of a dessert than a breakfast!!!! YUM... Thanks for the recipe.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ymmy!! when I neeed to gain a few pounds I will try this recipe and serve it to my sister-in-law...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look good and fattening. But everyone loves the icing.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My! Pearl they look and sound so delicious.

    ReplyDelete