Sunday, March 17, 2013

Breakfast Casserole

My computer is down again so I broke down and got an iPad. But all my photos are on the computer and I can't get to them right now. I'm trying to figure out how to put photos on the blog with pictures I take with the iPad.   Help!  I'll do what I can until I find my way around on this thing!

Here's a delicious breakfast casserole we really like and hope you enjoy it too.
Breakfast Casserole

6 cups shredded hash browns
6 Tbsp butter, melted
1 lb sausage, browned and drained
2 Tbsp onions, chopped
1/2 cup green or red peppers diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 large eggs
1 cup half & half or heavy cream
A few dashes of hot sauce, I like Franks Red Hot
salt and pepper to taste

 Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Directions:
1. Put potatoes in a bowl and pour melted butter over and stir until combined.
2. Pour into 9x13 dish and press to make a crust. Bake 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are crisp around the edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Brown sausage with onions and peppers. Drain.
4. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, half & half or cream, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle sausage, onions, and pepper mixture over the potato crust.
6. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sausage.
7. Pour egg mixture over all.
8. Reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake 20-25 minutes or eggs are set in the center.
printable recipe

Linking to: StoneGable, Chicken Chick, Countrified Hicks, Mealtime Monday, Fluster Buster

16 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. On photos you have to have them somewhere to upload to your blog, but you can put them up somewhere else, i.e. photobucket and then use the code from each photo to write your post. I do that anyway.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. The breakfast casserole looks very good. I do not have an Ipad so I cannot help you with transferring photos. Sorry. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds completely delicious. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pearl, Hubby has an iPad and when we travel, he uses Photogene (app from App Store) to send photos to Facebook. He hasn't tried to send anything to his blog --but says that you can send photos to both Flickr and Picasa... That might be a place for you to start.. Good Luck. Hope you get your computer fixed soon.

    The breakfast casserole looks much better than this yogurt I am having. ha ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get hungry when I come here. LOL! Looks delicious. I have the recipe but have never tried it yet. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your computer problems, hope they get resolved soon. Your breakfast casserole looks delicious. I have seen similar recipes but have not tried them. After seeing how good yours looks, I might just have to give it a try. Just found your blog and will return for more good ideas. Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pearl, Ours was down last week with 5 viruses. Cost $150.00 to take them off. What's the deal with the comment from anonymous. It's so far removed from your type of blog and then signed anonymous. After having 5 viruses I'd be afraid to click on there. Weird comments I'd say. Who would recommend something on frequent bowel movements on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ours is not a virus. It's a power issue. It keeps going into power save mode. The whole thing just shuts down. Had someone look at it and it worked fine for them. Going to hook it up again and see what happens. Those comments are spam not a virus but I don't open them. They are just annoying. Most of the time they go into my email spam folder but sometimes they get through. I haven't been watching as close as usual due to not having my computer. I am loving the iPad though!! It will be great to take on the trips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this looks delicious. I am having a weekly blog link up and it just went live. I would love for you to come and share this with us!

    http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/03/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I upload my pictures to PicasaWeb (but there are many photo storage places - Flickr is another one). In Picasaweb, I add a watermark. Then when I upload from my blog, I chose to upload from PicasaWeb instead of my computer.

    The recipe looks great! I will be trying this soon!

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make the almost exact same! Its my family favorites! New follower from Monday Mealtime.
    Stop over and say Hi anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  15. First of all, the breakfast looks so good, I want some please. I pinned it. but, next I see what someone did a comment and speaking of anonymous comments. I had 17 the other day that are so stupid, and nasty and rude. Not sure how to get rid of them. Usually they just go to spam and every once in a while I just delete them. But these 17 were in regular comments. I was so excited when I saw 17 comments then saw what they were.......haven't seen any in the last couple of days so maybe they left town!!!! not sure how to rid them. Anyways, breakfast looks so good andi thewednesdaybaker

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love breakfast casserole! One of my favorite meals to make :-) I would love for you to link up with what i am eating here http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/03/what-i-am-eating_22.html

    ReplyDelete