You need to plan ahead for these as they have to be baked a day ahead. Baking them makes them tender and the rub gives them so much flavor. The sauce, well it's finger-licking good!!
First spread your garlic over the ribs and bake them on a rack in a roaster covered. You don't even have to mince them if you don't want too. Just slice and put on top. Bake them for 2 1/2 - 3 hours depending on the thickness of your ribs. You don't want them to be falling apart, just fork tender. Cool slightly.
You can make your sauce a day ahead if you like and reheat, or an hour before you grill your ribs. Reserve a small amount of sauce for basting and the remainder for dipping.
1-2 full racks of baby back ribs
3-4 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 chili sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 clove garlic crushed
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place ribs on a rack in a roasting pan. Spread the minced cloves of garlic over the ribs. Cover and bake for 2 1/2- 3 hrs depending on the thickness of your ribs. Mine were thick so I baked them for 3 hrs. Cool slightly.
2. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Rub spices over both sides of cooled ribs. Wrap ribs in aluminium foil and refrigerate overnight. Note: You might have to make extra rub depending on the size of your ribs.
3. In a medium saucepan, mix together brown sugar, cider vinegar, ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, onion, dry mustard and garlic. Simmer over low heat uncovered for 1 hour. Reserve a small amount for basting, the remainder is for dipping.
4. Preheat grill for medium heat.
5. Place ribs on grill and grill uncovered for 12-15 minutes basting with the reserved sauce, until nicely browned and glazed.
Serve with remaining sauce.
Linking to Stonegable for on the Menu Monday