Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Beautiful Fall Foliage


We are really enjoying nature's brilliant display of colors this year.  After the drought we had this summer I was not expecting the spectacular fall colors we are having.


We are pretty much at peak right now which is a week or two ahead of normal.




Amish School House

I especially love old rustic barns.

I thought I had been on every road in my county at some time or another, but we found some places I've never been to. Like this road. I didn't even know it existed. Passed by it many times and never noticed it. I felt like I discovered the counties best kept secret.


We were awestruck by the beauty around every bend in the road.


What a totally picturesque country road.


Amish Corn Picker.







 I hope this inspires you to get out and enjoy this wonderful time of the year.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Pearl... I'm excited to see these colors since we will be there next week (Hocking Hills)... We don't have much color down here yet... Yours is AWESOME.

    Cold here this week. We have been enjoying a fire in the fireplace all week... Love it!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. You got some amazing color showing up around you. We are a little behind but think the changes will start a little faster now with the frosts and cold nights.
    Cher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Pearl. I'll want to know where that country road is when I see you. Jr and I went leaf peeping on Sat. afternoon. Was gorgeous. We went all over the place and ended up at Mohican. Another year I'll go straight for that area. It was as if you were in another state. We ended up eating at Landoll's Castle. We need to look that place up during daylight hours as it was dark by the time we got there. It's way back in the boonies.We thought there is no way there's a place back in here to eat at. Sam's and us leave in the morning to go somewhere. We'll head to Pa. once and then go from there. Depends where the leaves are nice yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. What a stunning part of the world you live in!I think autumn is a little behind in the UK this year though, not many spectacular colours yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bam!.....shot of color....I just paid 7 bucks for cornstalks....her in Florida...hahahaa

    ReplyDelete