Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sugared Cinnamon Pecans

So, what is up with the price of pecans this year??? I had to pay over 11 dollars per pound at a bulk food store. CRAZY!!
In my quest to simplify Christmas,I don't make a lot of cookies and candy anymore, but I love these sugared pecans.When I saw the price I almost decided I don't need them that bad, but in the end I gave in and decided to splurge. They really are worth it!
I'm sure you could use almonds or cashews in this recipe as well.


Sugared Pecans

Ingredients:
1 egg white
1 Tbsp water
1 pound pecan halves
1 cup white sugar... I think you could cut this back to 3/4 cup.
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Grease one baking sheet.
3. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water till frothy. In separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt and cinnamon.
4. Add pecans to the egg white, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Toss the nuts into the sugar mixture until coated. A ziplock bag works well. Spread the nuts out on the greased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 250 for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pearl, Sorry about your followers' list... Yours is gone right now... I checked mine and it is okay... Don't know what the problem is --but it has happened to me before.. It usually is a Blogger problem--and then fixes itself in time...

    Sugared pecans (or cashews) are fabulous... I've had them --but never made them. My problem with them is that I eat TOO MANY of them... They just keep on calling my name. Since I'm dieting, I don't need them anywhere near me this year... Dang!!!!! ha

    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy! I have a friend at work who is selling them by the bag. I think she wanted ten dollars.. I might have to get some!

    ReplyDelete