Friday, November 18, 2011

Easy Apple Dumpling

I love recipes that are super quick and easy and taste as good (or better) than recipes made from scratch that take hours to prepare. This is a recipe like that. This comes from the Pioneer Woman and I knew when I saw it, I was going to make them sometime.
But....I kept looking at all that butter in the recipe and Mt.Dew???  and told myself  "don't go there".
In the back of my mind I knew someday I was going to give in, just to satisfy my curiosity. This week I finally caved in and made them.
Am I ever glad I did. These are D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!!!


Start by wrapping a wedge of apple in a crescent roll starting at the wide end.


It should look like this. Put them in a 9x13 inch pan.

Melt butter, add sugar, barely stir then add vanilla. You don't want your sugar dissolved.
Pour this over your dumplings then pour your Mt. Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake.
It's that easy!!
Serve with ice cream.



Apple Dumplings

2 large baking apples or 3 medium. Granny Smith recommended.
2  cans Crescent Rolls (8count)
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cup sugar....I use a little less if I'm using a sweeter apple than Granny Smith.
1 teas vanilla
Cinnamon to taste
1 can Mt.Dew Soda
Instructions
Peel and core apples. Cut large apples into 8 wedges or medium into 6 so you have at least 16 slices. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll starting at wide end.
Place in a 9x13 greased pan.
Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, then pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mt. Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream.
printablerecipe

1 comment:

  1. SINFUL! :) :) they look & sound de-lish! i do know Gloria B., we live approx 7 mi from each other :)

    ReplyDelete