Sunday, May 26, 2013

Rhubarb Custard Bars



Because it's Rhubarb season and my computer is down, I'm reposting this delicious recipe for Rhubarb Custard Bars.
They are incredibly delicious and competition for my other favorite rhubarb recipe Rhubarb Crunch.

Rhubarb Custard Bars
Crus2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter, cold
In a bowl combine flour and sugar, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a 9x13" pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  Let cool.

Filling:
2 cups sugar
7 Tbsp flour
1 cup whipping cream
3 eggs, beaten
5 cups rhubarb, diced
1/4 tsp salt
Combine sugar, flour and salt. Whisk in cream and eggs. Stir in rhubarb. Pour over baked crust. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until custard is set.  Cool.

Topping:
1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese,
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup whipping cream, (whipped) 
Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over top. Cover and chill. Cut into bars.

9 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm, I've never baked with Rhubard, but these sure look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! My husband isn't keen on rhubarb but I think he'd like these. Thank you for posting the recipie. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious. Something definitely worth trying.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous, Pearl. Thanks for the recipe. I love rhubarb.

    Happy Memorial Day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yummy. Sounds and looks so good Pearl!
    New blog address:http://lonadawn7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Stopping over from OTMM, these look delicious! I love rhubarb and am always looking for recipes that aren't pie. :) Thanks for sharing!
    ~April

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you could transport one here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These Rhubarb bars sound fantastic, love a new recipe....Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, I love rhubarb custard! :) Never thought to make it into bars! Followed you from the link party with Stone Gable, Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tasty-tuesdays-12.html

    ReplyDelete