Friday, December 14, 2012

Party Mix


My family doesn't care if I don't get any cookies or candy made at Christmas, but when it comes to Party Mix it's a whole different story. No matter how much I make it's gone in a flash!
Word gets out there's Party Mix in the house, the kids are sneaking home when I'm at work and fill up their bags and I come home to this.
Well........that might not have been just them. I may or may not have eaten more than my share.
 I'm not saying.

Fortunately it's easy to make and you can adapt it to whatever you like in your mix. This is the combination we like best.

Sometimes I put these in instead of Cheez-its.  Once upon a time you could find them in red and green at Christmas but I couldn't find any this year. These are going into the next batch.
Put the cereal of your choice in a large roaster. I use Honeycomb because I like a little sweetness, Cheerios and Crispex. You could use corn or rice chex instead of Crispex.

Melt your butter, oil and worchestershire sauce.

Pour over cereal.

Sprinkle with Lawry's Salt.
Mix well and bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes, adding more Lawry's Salt each time.

After an hour add your pretzels, cheese crackers and nuts. Continue baking an additional 1/2 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
Optional: When completely cooled add 1 bag M+M's.

Party Mix
1 1/3 cup Canola Oil
1 stick Butter
2 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
Melt butter, add oil and worchestershire sauce, then pour over.....
10 cups Honeycomb
6 cups cheerios
6 cups Crispex
Mix well and sprinkle a little Lawry's Seasoned Salt over all.
Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Each time you stir sprinkle a little more Lawry's salt on.
After 1 hour:
 Add 1/2-1 lb bag pretzel sticks
 3/4 to 1 lb mixed nuts or nuts of your choice. I like cashews the best.
 1 box cheez-it snack crackers or 1 box cheddar Goldfish crackers. More Lawry's if desired. 
 Bake 15 minutes. Stir and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Total baking time is 1 1/2 hour.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say, I did NOT take that much when I snuck into the house for some :)I am going to make this today, can't wait!!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete